Saturday, October 10, 2009

A big house we call Home

At last, a photo of the big house we're staying in. It has been raining so much that when the sun came out I grabbed my camera and ran outside...

The houses are very different to what we're used to in South Africa. In a specific area, they're generally all the same height and the same size. Where we stay the houses all have four floors - 1 below the ground with windows at  1200 mm and three floors above, including one floor in the roof. The photo above shows the white house we stay in and the house next door, both approximately the same size and height, although the grey house doesn't have a level in the roof since it has a flat roof



The best thing about staying here is the squirrels in the trees.. they collect the nuts on the grass and then run up the trees like squirrels do. They are super-cute and quite tame. We stare at one another for long periods. I'm sure they think I'm quite strange



This is Squirt. He posed long enough for me to take my cell-phone out of my bag and take two photos of him with his acorn



The small window on the far left in the roof is my bedroom window. Fortunately I have two windows and even more fortunate is that this is the smaller one..



This is the small roof window from inside my room. My cute IKEA linen has my soft piggy (net vir piet) on top, my sockpet from tash on top of the pillow (why the linen set comes with a continental pillowcase only they know), my cool box lamp by jerry and the funky mirror I bought at IKEA



The IKEA mirror..coolness. Even cooler though is that all the windows here have funky hinges that allow the windows to hinge at the bottom when you turn the handle to the top..weird, but very cool. The window can also open in the usual way, side-ways. Super



Niel at my desk with my 'big' window behind him. The view through this window is of the tree tops of the trees in the forest opposite our house

Once the sun returns I'll take some photos of Niel's room..


No comments:

Post a Comment